GRANT FOCUS: The Episcopal Foundation of Dallas awards grants to support its mission of partnering wise investments and purposeful giving within the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas, including development of new and existing churches, schools, missions, and ministries. The Foundation also supports organizations and programs that are focused on mission-related projects, social outreach and other creative programs that strengthen our community and improve lives, and which support basic human needs in these areas: food insecurity, homelessness, poverty, and health insecurity.
- Applying organizations must be located and serve in the same geographic area as the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas which includes a 25 county area in North Texas.
- Applying organization must be either an Episcopal church, school, mission, or program; or a charitable not-for-profit organization whose submitted program or project is consistent with the Christian ministry and missions of the Episcopal Foundation of Dallas and the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas.
- Applying organization must submit proof of tax exempt status.
- Organizations that receive funding from the Foundation must submit a brief written Grant Report detailing the use of funds and results of the program/project. Failure to submit a Grant Report may preclude past recipients from future awards.
- Foundation staff welcomes the opportunity to discuss the feasibility and appropriateness of requests and to assist organizations throughout the application process.
- The completed application must be submitted online by the annual due date. If the annual due date falls on a Saturday or a Sunday, applications will be due the following Monday.
- Upon submittal, all application materials immediately become property of the Episcopal Foundation of Dallas.
- The Foundation reserves the right to request further material for an application or to conduct a site visit.
- Grant requests will be processed by Foundation staff. All complete, qualifying applications will be reviewed by the Foundation’s Grants Committee, who will make funding recommendations to the full Board of Trustees.
- The Foundation’s Board of Trustees reviews and approves Grant committee funding recommendations in June of each year.
- The Foundation announces grants by July 1. All applicants will be notified as to the amount of their grant award, if any.
- The Foundation may approve multi-year grants. The Foundation may also grant a single year of funding from a multi-year request and ask that the submitting organization reapply the next year.
- Organizations may submit annual requests. However, those organizations that have received significant awards within the previous year(s) may be de-prioritized to allow Foundation support for other applicants.
- The Foundation does not make grants supporting annual fund campaigns, endowments, capital campaigns, deficit financing, debt repayment, and underwriting for fundraising activities, unless a clear case can be made that the request supports the mission and focus of the Episcopal Foundation of Dallas.
- The Foundation requires grant recipients to accurately credit the Episcopal Foundation of Dallas as the donor in any publicity or recognition efforts. In addition, the Foundation has the right to release information regarding the Foundation’s grants to its grantees to any public medium (media).
- Grant awards will not be disbursed until:
- recipient has signed and submitted the Grant Agreement, documenting the terms of the award, including the stated purpose for use of the funds.
- recipient is prepared to spend the grant award for the state purpose upon receipt of the funds within the specified time frame, typically 12 months.
- Grant awards will be disbursed by ACH payment. Recipient must provide the appropriate depository and account detail.