The Episcopal Foundation of Dallas exists to strengthen and support faith communities by partnering wise investments with purposeful giving.
I. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Applying organization must be located within the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas.
- An organization must be either:
a. an Episcopal church, school or program; or b.other charitable not-for-profit organization whose submitted program or project is consistent with the Christian ministry and missions of the Episcopal Foundation of Dallas and the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas.
- Applying organization must submit proof of tax exempt status.
- Applying organization must submit a completed application by the application deadline. Organizations that have applied previously are still required to submit a complete application.
- Organizations that received funding from the Foundation in a prior year must submit a brief, final, written report detailing the use of funds and results of the program/project by the application deadline in order for a new application to be considered.
II. AWARDING GRANTS
- The Foundation awards grants to support the strategic mission of the Diocese of Dallas, including development of new and existing churches, schools, and ministries. The Foundation also supports organizations and programs that address food insecurity, homelessness, and poverty.
- The Foundation may approve multi-year pledges. The Foundation may also grant a single year of funding from a multi-year request and ask that the submitting organization reapply again the next year.
- Organizations may submit annual requests. However, those organizations that have received significant awards within the previous year may be de-prioritized.
- The Foundation usually does not make grants supporting annual fund campaigns, deficit financing, debt repayment, and underwriting for fundraising activities, unless a clear case can be made that the request supports the priorities of the Diocese of Dallas.
- The Foundation requires grant recipients to accurately credit the Episcopal Foundation of Dallas as the donor in any publicity or recognition efforts. In addition, the Foundation has the right to release information regarding the Foundation’s grants to its grantees to any public medium (media).
III. APPLICATION PROCESS
- Foundation staff welcomes the opportunity to discuss the feasibility and appropriateness of requests and to assist organizations throughout the application process.
- The completed application must be submitted online by the annual due date of April 15th. If April 15 falls on a Saturday or a Sunday, applications will be due the following Monday.
- Upon submittal, all application materials immediately become property of the Episcopal Foundation of Dallas.
- The Foundation reserves the right to request further material for an application or to conduct a site visit. These requests and visits will generally be made during April and May.
- Grant requests will be processed by Foundation staff. All complete, qualifying applications will be reviewed by the Foundation’s Grants Committee, who will make funding recommendations to the full Board of Trustees. The Foundation’s Board of Trustees will review these recommendations and approve final grants in June.
- The Foundation will announce grants by July 1. All applicants will be notified in writing as to the amount of their grant award, if any. Award letters will include a Grant Agreement that must be returned before funds will be distributed.
- Grant awards will not be disbursed until:
- Recipient has signed and returned the Grant Agreement, documenting the terms of the award, including the stated purpose for use of the funds.
- Recipient is prepared to spend the grant award for the stated purpose upon receipt of the funds within the specified time frame.