How do I get an application?
The online application is available on this website – see Grants/Grant Application
How much should I request?
Applicants should request what they need. However, potential applicants should review Recent Awards, also available on our website, to get a sense of the size of grants we typically award.
- Partial awards are common. Therefore, if a partial award would be beneficial, it is important to state that in the application. Also, providing a breakdown of costs in the detail project/program budget gives the Grant Committee greater flexibility to fund your request at some level.
- Historically, the Foundation has not funded 100% of a project cost. Successful applicants document well thought out plans for financing and sustaining a project, including alternative sources of funding, and a commitment on the part of the organization to invest in and support the project through fundraising, contributions, and volunteer efforts.
What type of grants does the Foundation support?
The Foundation awards grants to support the strategic mission of the Diocese of Dallas, including development of new and existing churches, schools, and ministries. The Foundation also supports organizations and programs that address food insecurity, homelessness, and poverty.
May non-Episcopal entities apply, and are there any special requirements, if so?
May I apply for a multi-year grant?
If I received a grant last year, may I reapply this year?
If I was turned down for a grant last year, may I reapply this year?
What should I include in the Narrative Summary for the Grant request?
- Document financial planning for the project/program with detailed project budgets, outside bids, invoices, purchase orders, price lists, or other objective data.
- Document your organization’s financial accountability by providing financial statements and operating budgets.
- Demonstrate the organization’s commitment to accomplish and sustain the project/program; for example a. willingness to raise funds, use of volunteers to save money, amount of money already raised and set aside, parishioners willing to donate professional services.
- Demonstrate the impact (in terms of people served, mission, community outreach, etc.) that the completed project/program will have.
- Document that funds awarded by the Foundation will be used in a timely manner by attaching a timeline of project completion, or timeline for use of EFD fund.