What’s new in 2023! We have two exciting developments to share.
First, the Foundation has long been closely related to another grant-making private foundation, the Episcopal Health Foundation of Dallas (the “Health Foundation.”) The two foundations shared the same staff, Grant Committee, and Board of Trustees and both served the mission and ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas. The Health Foundation’s grant focus was primarily medical care in the state of Texas. As of December 31, 2022 the Health Foundation was dissolved and its assets contributed to the Episcopal Foundation of Dallas. As result, The Foundation’s grant-making capacity grew significantly and its focus for 2023 has been expanded to include support for organizations that address health insecurity. If your organization previously applied for a grant from the Health Foundation and you serve the same geographic area as the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas, you are welcome to apply here.
Second, beginning in 2023, the Foundation is using a new cloud-based grant management software solution from Foundant Technologies. Applicants will be re-directed to the online log-in portal from this website via the “Grant Application” link. Applications, all supporting documents plus all communications and follow-ups will be stored on the site. We believe you will find the new process streamlined and very easy to use!
In addition to providing investment services, the Episcopal Foundation of Dallas (the “Foundation”) offers direct financial support to the Diocesan community through an annual grant program benefiting parishes, schools, and other not-for-profit agencies throughout the Dallas Diocese.
Any Episcopal church, school, agency or other not-for-profit organization located within the Diocese of Dallas, whose work is consistent with the mission of the Foundation and the Diocese, may apply for a grant from the Foundation.
The Foundation awards grants to support its mission of partnering wise investments and purposeful giving within the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas, including development of new and existing churches, schools, missions, and ministries. The Foundation also supports organizations and programs that are focused on mission-related projects, social outreach and other creative programs that strengthen our community and improve lives, and which support basic human needs in these areas:
- Food Insecurity – organizations and social outreach programs that provide food to underserved populations
- Homelessness – organizations that work to prevent homelessness, provide emergency shelter or temporary housing, and facilitate collaboration among service providers
- Poverty –organizations that work to break the cycle of poverty with resources, referrals and services that strengthen families and neighborhoods.
- Health Insecurity – organizations that provide free/low cost healthcare, including mental healthcare.
Grants are awarded once a year. Applications are accepted beginning in February. The grant application deadline is March 31. If March 31 falls on a weekend, the deadline is the next business day.
If you are considering applying for a Foundation grant, please carefully review the following items for guidance:
- Grant Policy outlines the eligibility requirements and application process including the deadline for applying.
- FAQ answers common questions and offers tips for preparing a successful application.
- Recent Awards provides information on grants awarded, offering insights into the types of projects the Foundation has supported.
In addition to reviewing these items for guidance, you are also welcome to contact the Foundation to discuss the feasibility and appropriateness of requests and for assistance in completing the application.