At its June 2017 meeting, the Board of Trustees of the Episcopal Foundation of Dallas voted to approve $207,900 in grants recommended by the Foundation’s Grants Committee. The Grants Committee had the difficult task of allocating available funding among 34 worthy organizations that applied for approximately $440,000 in support. Awards ranged from $2,000 to $32,000.
Annual grants are primarily funded from the Foundation’s own unrestricted endowment, the Episcopal Fund. Since it was first established in 1988, the Episcopal Fund has grown from $1.5 to over $5 million and awarded $3 million in grants to the Diocesan community under the careful management of the Foundation’s Board of Trustees
Any parish, school, agency or other non-profit organization that supports the ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas is eligible to apply for a grant. Applicants are asked to submit a narrative summary of the program or project they are applying for, financial statements for the organization, a project budget and/or supporting bids, and proof of non-profit status. Applications are judged according to a number of criteria, including:
- Application clearly states community need or impact.
- Application clearly states how funds will be used.
- The project budget is reasonable, sufficiently detailed and adequately supported by bids or pricing information.
- Submitted financial statements demonstrate that the organization is fiscally sound.
- The project applied for is sustainable.
- Amount requested is within the Foundation’s ability to grant.
2017 Grant Statistics
Total Amount Requested: $439,400
Number of Applicants: 34
Total Amount Awarded: $207,900
Number of Grants Awarded: 24
Range of Awards: $2,000 – $32,000
2017 Grant Awards
Since its establishment in 1988, the Episcopal Fund has grown from $1.5 to over $5 million and distributed over $3 million in grants benefiting parishes, schools, and other non-for-profit agencies throughout the Dallas Diocese.