Annual grants are primarily funded from the Foundation’s own unrestricted endowment, the Episcopal Fund. Since it was first established in 1988, the Episcopal Fund has awarded $4 million in grants to the Diocesan community under the careful management of the Grant Committee and Foundation’s Board of Trustees. Grants typically range in size from $1,000 to $30,000+ depending on the project or program.
Any parish, school, agency or other non-profit organization that supports the ministry and communities of the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas is eligible to apply for a grant. Applicants are asked to submit a narrative summary of the program or project they are applying for, financial statements for the organization, a project budget and/or supporting bids, and proof of non-profit status.
Applications are judged according to a number of criteria, including:
- Application clearly states community need or impact.
- Application clearly states how funds will be used.
- The project budget is reasonable, sufficiently detailed and adequately supported by bids or pricing information.
- Submitted financial statements demonstrate that the organization is fiscally sound.
- The project applied for is sustainable.
- Amount requested is within the Foundation’s ability to grant.
- Applicant has complied with Foundation’s Grant Reporting requirements for past grant(s) received.
2021 Grant Statistics
Total Amount Requested: $467,000
Number of Applicants: 41
Total Amount Awarded: $200,895
Number of Grants Awarded: 28
Range of Awards: $1,000 – $20,000
2021 Grant Awards
Since its establishment in 1988, the Episcopal Fund has grown from $1.5 to over $5 million and distributed over $4 million in grants benefiting parishes, schools, and other not-for-profit agencies throughout the Dallas Diocese.